Join the International Educators Cohort!
About the program:
The EdLife “International Educators Cohort” will consist of a group of students within EdLife* who have a desire to:
- Study abroad
- Teach abroad
- Improve their global competency and prepare to teach diverse groups of students and help them to be “globally-ready”
The Kentucky Department of Education identifies “global readiness” as an important part of the preparation of Kentucky students to be college- and career-ready. You can help prepare future generations to work and live in an increasingly interconnected world by becoming globally-ready yourself!
What can you expect?
- Remain a regular member of EdLife while participating in special activities and coursework related to teaching/studying abroad and global competencies
- Have opportunities to work and learn with international students and faculty
- Study or teach abroad! All members will receive one-on-one advising about international opportunities during their time at UK
- Improve your global competency by earning the Undergraduate Certificate of Global Studies and gain:
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of international issues
- An appreciation of and ability to learn and work with people from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds
- Exposure to a foreign language
- The skills to function productively in an interdependent world community
How to join?
The application for Spring 2016 is now closed. If you have any questions, contact the director of the cohort, Ellie Holliday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*You do not have to be a member of EdLife to participate! Contact Ellie to find out more information.